Osperity is seeking an energetic, insightful, imaginative, and analytical individual to join our growing SaaS firm in Calgary, Alberta. In just 6 years Osperity has built a strong product based on real market needs, an energetic and talented team that collaborates daily, and an enviable industry reputation. These strengths have helped Osperity attract a client base that includes some of the industrial companies in North America, builds strong recurring revenue, and turn heads in the media, conferences, and tradeshows. To say that Osperity punches above its weight with its small but focused team is an understatement. Osperity is looking to build on its success, with a focus on rapidly expanding the customer base for our intelligent visual monitoring platform for the Industrial Internet of Things. Working with Osperity will expose you to the best clients in the business, enable you to work with a great team and truly make a difference in the company’s success.
The job is an intermediate position with focus on management of remote fleet of IoT devices and associated hardware. You will collaborate with our Operations team to ensure efficient maintenance and health monitoring of our remote device fleet. This includes our edge networking infrastructure, as well as multiple kinds of visual hardware we have deployed in the field.
You will be involved in design and provisioning of new builds, as well as in automation of processes designed to make Operations more efficient. You will be expected to understand our product and ecosystem, and with time contribute to improving it.
Your work will involve:
- Research, design, and deploy new hardware solutions to keep capabilities leading edge
- Provide advanced hardware technology support for daily operations
- Proactively monitors system performance and identifies operational improvements, in ensuring smooth and consistent customer and business delivery
- Interacting with customers, vendors and internal staff to support the operational environment
- Assisting customers and field personal during the installation of Osperity solutions
- Collaborating with internal Development team to improve processes
You possess the Following Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Excellent understanding of network infrastructure hardware and software including routers, switches, load balancers, firewalls, VPN/APN gateways, PTP/PTMP wireless
- Experience with IP Video Analytic industry
- Understanding of Operating Systems including Linux
- Familiarity with AWS IoT Core and EC2 Networking
- Self-motivated with solid interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Experience documenting procedures, writing instructions, and creating learning material
- Ability to critically assess and triage technical problems
- Understanding of incident management tools such as Ops Genie / Pager Duty
- Managing an Office 365 environment and office IT skills
- Understanding of remote device management platforms (ie. Netbox, Balena)
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role, at a high-growth company, including hands-on experience with IP routed networks, switching and routing, firewalls, LAN/WAN networking hardware and protocols.
- In-Depth problem solving and analytical skills
How to Apply
Email your credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org, resumes will be held on file for six months unless applicants indicate they would prefer their information be discarded once this position has been filled. No Phone Calls Please
While we thank everyone for their interest, we will only contact applicants selected for an interview.