Osperity is seeking an energetic, insightful, imaginative, and analytical person to join our growing SaaS firm in Calgary, Alberta. In just 6 years Osperity has built a strong product based on real market needs, an energetic and talented team that collaborates daily, and an enviable industry reputation. These strengths have helped Osperity attract a client base that includes some of the top industrial companies in North America, builds strong recurring revenue, and turn heads in the media, conferences, and tradeshows. To say that Osperity punches above its weight with its small but focused team is an understatement. Osperity is looking to build on its success, with a focus on building a ground-breaking Intelligent Visual Monitoring platform for the Industrial Internet of Things. Working with Osperity will expose you to the best clients in the business, enable you to work with a great team and truly make a difference in the company’s success. Osperity is a hybrid work environment.
As a Python Developer at Osperity you will report to the COO to develop and constantly improve our Web and IoT applications.
- Work independently and as a team member to deliver a successful product to market
- Develop, enhance and maintain the existing Django codebase and develop new features for our growing customer base
- Work with the software and operations teams to develop cloud based, scalable applications for hosting image and video content
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent in a related field
- 5+ years of experience in full stack web development
- Experience in delivering a large scale web application in a corporate environment
- Experience with Django, Django Rest Framework, Celery
- Experience working with an asynchronous task queue (Django channels, Celery, Rabbit MQ)
- Experience configuring cloud based (AWS) infrastructure (Kubernetes / Fargate, Docker, terraform)
- Experience with online video (nice to have)
- Automated Testing
How to Apply
Email your credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org, resumes will be held on file for six months unless applicants indicate they would prefer their information be discarded once this position has been filled. No Phone Calls Please
While we thank everyone for their interest, we will only contact applicants selected for an interview.