Osperity is seeking an energetic, insightful, imaginative, and analytical person to join our growing SaaS firm in Calgary, Alberta. In just 6 years Osperity has built a strong product based on real market needs, an energetic and talented team that collaborates daily, and an enviable industry reputation. These strengths have helped Osperity attract a client base that includes some of the top industrial companies in North America, builds strong recurring revenue, and turn heads in the media, conferences, and tradeshows. To say that Osperity punches above its weight with its small but focused team is an understatement. Osperity is looking to build on its success, with a focus on building a ground-breaking Intelligent Visual Monitoring platform for the Industrial Internet of Things. Working with Osperity will expose you to the best clients in the business, enable you to work with a great team and truly make a difference in the company’s success. Osperity is a hybrid work environment.
As a DevOps Developer at Osperity you will report to the COO to develop and constantly improve our AWS infrastructure and fleet of IoT devices.
• Work independently and as a team member to deliver a successful product to market
• Develop, enhance and maintain the existing CI/CD, Networking and Fleet deployment processes
• Work with the software and operations teams to develop cloud based, scalable processes for hosting a modern IoT platform
Skills and Requirements
• 5+ years of experience in taking a feature from concept to delivery and support
• Experience with Messaging platforms like Kinesis, Kafka or RabbitMQ
• Experience with relational databases like Postgres and RDS Hosting
• Experience with CI / CB (Jenkins, CodeBuild / CodePipeline)
• Experience with Kubernetes / Fargate
• Experience configuring Docker environments and networking (Nginx, Linux)
• Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable web application
• Experience designing and configuring AWS EC2 Networking
• Working experience with terraform / cloud formation
• Familiarity with IoT Platforms (AWS GreenGrass, Balena, Docker) – nice to have
• Experience with video streaming (Wowza, Kinesis Video, EvoStream, GStreamer) – nice to have
• Strong knowledge of Python – nice to have
How to Apply
Email your credentials to email@example.com, resumes will be held on file for six months unless applicants indicate they would prefer their information be discarded once this position has been filled. No Phone Calls Please
While we thank everyone for their interest, we will only contact applicants selected for an interview.